Saturday, June 5, 2010

First Post

I am not a good writer, I thought I should preface this blog with that. I am an average writer, at best, and I tend to overuse, commas. I just want to write something. Lots of somethings, actually.
I've been so hesitant to have a blog in the past because I often feel like I have nothing interesting or worthwhile to talk about. I've tried keeping them up, but after awhile I stop, discouraged.
The purpose of this blog is for me, to talk about stuff that is important to me, and maybe could be important to other people too.
The biggest thing that is happening in my life right now: I am going to New York City on Sunday morning for Feminist Summer Camp. It's a big deal, I'm very nervous and very excited. I hope to talk more about this amazing opportunity as the week rolls on and I experience more of it, right now I'm just speculating.

Another reason why blogging has not interested me in the past is because I am not a huge fan of talking about myself, I just don't like it much. Doesn't interest me. I feel crazy self-centered going on about MY activities, MY likes, MY dislikes, MY everything. I hate that. I'm going to definitely post things that are relevant to my interests, but hopefully it's stuff that everyone can enjoy!

I promise, hold me to it, that I will actually write in this blog and use it to post interesting and relevant things, not just self serving crap (though that might happen sometimes).

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment