Friday, June 11, 2010

Bluestockings

Today, I am doing a day-long internship at Bluestockings. A feminist bookstore, fair trade cafe, and activist center. I am so freaking excited. This is what I want to do with my life, the rest of my life. I can't wait to blarg about how great it will be!

Hostel life is pretty crazy, there are so many different people here. Quite a few Americans, mostly obnoxious bros and church groups. There are some cool Australians here, also New Zelanders and Canadians. Right now, next to me, there are three guys, one is from China, one Germany, and one Colombia. It is really cool, they are having a really intense conversation and they just met this morning, probably about 20 minutes ago. That's kind of what hostel life is like, a ton of strangers pushed together in a small space, people talk. You know. I really like it, I have to remember to take some photos of it before I leave.

It is very difficult for me to update my flickr regularly because it takes so much time to load all the photos and I have literally hundreds. I will try to do more tonight, and definitely will when I get home. I also want to update about Job and Media Day, Reproductive Justice Day, and Art Day. But, alas, off to the East Village I go!

Here is the Bluestockings website, if you were interested in checking it ouuuuut!
www.bluestockings.com

Also, we went to Williamsburg in Brooklyn yesterday and as one of my fellow campers describes it: "You can't swing a dead cat here without hitting a hipster." So very true.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment